|Mormon Studies Review Volume 23, Number 1|
Emerging from a 22-year tradition of penetrating scholarly reviews and essays is the new Mormon Studies Review. Formerly titled The FARMS Review, it sports a sleeker design and larger format and promises to survey a broader spectrum of topics. The Mormon Studies Review will continue to defend LDS scripture and faith claims through the vigorous and learned discourse that has set it apart from the beginning.
- Editor's Introduction: "To Cheer, to Raise, to Guide": Twenty-Two Years of the FARMS Review, by Daniel C. Peterson.
- 2011 Neal A. Maxwell Lecture: The Book of Mormon: Passport to Discipleship, by Marilyn Arnold.
- Revisiting "A Key for Evaluating Nephite Geographies," by John E. Clark.
- Nephi as Scribe, by Brant A. Gardner.
- A New Resource on the Book of Moses, by Brian M. Hauglid (a review of In God's Image and Likeness: Ancient and Modern Perspectives on the Book of Moses, by Jeffrey M. Bradshaw).
- Shattered Glass: The Traditions of Mormon Same-Sex Marriage Advocates Encounter Boyd K. Packer, by Gregory L. Smith.
- Examining a Misapplication of Nearest Shrunken Centroid Classification to Investigate Book of Mormon Authorship, by Paul J. Fields, G. Bruce Schaalje, and Matthew Roper (a review of "Reassessing Authorship of the Book of Mormon," by Matthew L. Jockers, Daniela M. Witten, and Craig S. Criddle).
- The Historical Case against Sidney Rigdon's Authorship of the Book of Mormon, by Matthew Roper and Paul J. Fields (a review of "Reassessing Authorship of the Book of Mormon," by Matthew L. Jockers, Daniela M. Witten, and Craig S. Criddle).
- Raising Kane, by Richard E. Bennett (a review of "Liberty to the Downtrodden": Thomas L. Kane, Romantic Reformer, by Matthew J. Grow).
- Out of Obscurity: The Story of Nibley's "Beyond Politics," by Louis Midgley and Shirley S. Ricks.
- Beyond Politics, by Hugh W. Nibley.
- In the Mouths of Two or More Witnesses, by Noel B. Reynolds (a review of Jesus and the Eyewitnesses, by Richard Bauckham).
- Telling the Larger "Church History" Story, by Louis Midgley (a review of Church History: A Crash Course for the Curious, by Christopher Catherwood.
- Book Notes.
|Go the BYU Bookstore to purchase|